License Question

jinniruboo

Posted · License Question

I am a cast glass artist and I have purchased a photograph with a standard license, which allows me to create a work of art with it and sell it.  This photograph will be used to create a 3D model, a relief sculpture in wax, which will be re-formed into a boat shape, then cast in glass. The lithophane process in thingaverse provided just what I need to print the relief sculpture in wax. But I do not have the CC license thingaverse wants in order to publish and get to my .stl file so I can use it. So I have three questions,

1. Is there any way I can get to that.stl file in thingaverse without publishing?

2. Is there any other way to do the same thing?

2. Since the photo will change so much from its current form, do I even need to worry?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

As far as I know, you can do all the steps without publishing your STL to public. So just do it and check where you have the checkbox to make it public or not. If it is really not possible, you can always delete your STL at any time. So do it, download and delete it again.

• Thanks 1

That is strange, it works for me.

When you click on your design, that you see the page, then you should have the EDIT button on the top right. Click it and when you scroll down you should see the DELETE button in red.

1904964989_Screenshot2019-05-1522_13_36.thumb.png.d73aaf9bb66885cbe5f7bd2684501a1e.png

• Thanks 1