Post your first stupid questions.... ME FIRST

ian

Posted · Post your first stupid questions.... ME FIRST

This should really go in the New User section but because there is no new user section... yet !

I will post here in the WAST BIN :lol:

On the ULTI, i always see photos of different wrappings over the plastic punp head (the thingy that shoots out hot plastic)

im not sure what the system is there? why sifferent colour materials in different forms and shapes rapped around the ....(the thingy that shoots out hot plastic) ?

Ian

You're posting at 7 post a hour, keep this up and you'll post 168 a day. Most people check a forum once a day. And I don't think they want to read 168 of your new topics shattered along the forum. You're also posting a lot without doing any searching yourself, which can make a good combination to piss people off.

I can understand you're excited, but, really, take a Valium.

The think that "shoots" (drips) out plastic is the extruder, or hot nozzle. The wrapping is most likely to keep the heat in there. It's not there by default, but people mod it on, explaining the different sizes/colors.

Ah cool thanks Daid for the help.

About my excitement about the product and the forum...well i dont think excitement is a bad thing !

not enough people are excited about things...and this technology will change the world, 3d printing is just the next powerful step in the history of manufacturing and construction.

Also about posting.

Why not ß

I have another forum for old history photos and know there is a hardcore group of photo collectors who search my forum about 2 or 3 times a day or sometimes more.

always on the search for some new photos in the sales section or just interested in what people find.

Ultimaker needs that same level of excitment, to get people really interesting and burning for this technology.

The more we can do now, the faster this amazing dream will materialise.

Ian :D

The think that "shoots" (drips) out plastic is the extruder, or hot nozzle. The wrapping is most likely to keep the heat in there. It's not there by default, but people mod it on, explaining the different sizes/colors.

Yup. A number of the batch-1 machines came with a hot pink, rubbery thing that fit over the nozzle to keep it warm. Others use kapton tape, sorta shiny and goldish, and others use ceramic tape, white and sorta fluffy looking.

Insulating the nozzle helps it keep a steady temperature while it's printing, especially if the fan's on. When your machine is all about heating stuff up to the right temperature, having it be steady is a good thing..

oh cool sounds good.

can you post up a quick photo ?

i love to see what has been made.

Ian