Ulitimaker 3 Vs S5

Donnie_

Posted · Ulitimaker 3 Vs S5

I did try searching. 😎

I can see some differences listed but beyond nozzle options is there any real differences in the tech?  Does the S5 have something that will give better/more reliable prints?

Just trying to weigh up the value of the increased print size vs the cost over the UM3.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Donnie_ said:

I did try searching. 😎

You didn't 🙂 

The S5 has thicker rods, better stepper motors, filament sensor, multi bed leveling, better feeders, can print abrasive materials, bigger build plate, touch display, front cover (doors) which is important if you print materials which tend to warp.

But the UM3 is also a great printer, except the filament sensor, I would say reliability is the same.

To give you an idea, i have both. 3 is not better than S5, in terms of printing quality.

Where S5 stands out is the ease of use. (bed levelling, filament sensor, and ofcourse build volume)

If a buy an extra, it would be the 3.