nicnas

Fed up with Cura

Posted · Fed up with Cura

DONE WITH EVERYTHING CURA as of now. This Captcha is ridiculous, the new version 4.1 is buggy

So it took me minutes to get this post out, actually still working on the captcha getting approved to post this.

Cura 4.1 removed all of my printer profiles and now makes me create a new one every time it loads. It goes through the set up every time and doesn't allow me to skip. 

Glad I do not own a Ultimaker printer now.

Excuse my frustration. I am very disappointed now that I have to start from scratch.

Any suggestions, including chilling, are acceptable.

Cura never removes any printers. Ever. It could be that there was a configuration error, but in that situation, you clicked the button to move the profiles over so that they don't cause issues.

If it's always running the first startup, it's probably because Cura can't save the preferences file.

So if you could share your logs, we can have a look at it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nicnas said:

Glad I do not own a Ultimaker printer now.

So just to be clear, you don’t own a Ultimaker printer, but use Cura, the free open source product for which Ultimaker is paying a large part of the development, and when something goes wrong you feel the need to bash Ultimaker?  I understand being frustrated sometimes.....  and you excused yourself already..... but please be nice....

• Like 6