mik121

Problems getting my print finished ... or started

Posted · Problems getting my print finished ... or started

hi!

so we own a Ultimaker 2+ and i wanted to print with the original silver metalic filament and Ultimakers presets.. but i does not work .. it's a huge mess...

i have this part:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cieaxr8uu9q3l1a/dragon.stl?dl=0

which i repared using Netfab but somehow it does not print nicely already the first base layer so i just didn't finish the rest..

i used the 0.4 nozzle with low speed  40 - or the one he suggests me.  and a 0.1 layer fine.

i tried to increase the temperature to 240 or the feed rate to 140% but yeah ... just is not working .. anyone can give me tips??

Thank you!!

Michael

Posted · Problems getting my print finished ... or started

Make a small and simple test piece and try to print that with default values: 40...50mm/s, 200...210°C, 0.1...0.2mm layers.

Anyway, 240°C is way too hot for PLA: this could easily make the PLA decompose and block the nozzle. So you would first need to check that the nozzle is clean. Then also check if the teflon coupler is not worn-out, if the little fan at the back of the nozzle is working well, if there are no kinks in the filament, if the spool can unwind freely, etc. But definitely start by cleaning the nozzle until you can easily push filament through manually.

Search for the how-to guidelines for nozzle-cleaning on the Ultimaker-website (I don't know the link), or try my old manual with a slightly different approach here (scroll down a bit):

https://www.uantwerpen.be/nl/personeel/geert-keteleer/manuals/

On the Ultimaker website, and sites of Ultimaker distributors, there are also a lot of other good manuals on underextrusion (=no filament coming out, or not enough), and on checking parts. But I don't have the links, so you will need to google a bit.