3dsolex hardcore leveling problem on S5

Posted (edited) · 3dsolex hardcore leveling problem on S5

I got an 3dsolex hardcore today for my Ultimaker S5 but i'm facing a problem where it seems on the auto level that the core seems to push into the glass more than the stock cores, so after the auto level is done, the nozzle is to close to the glass to be able to print the first layer and then as you can guess drags the next once a layer is down.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm guessing its something to do with the core being able to go up and down not as easy as stock cores and thats why its pushing more into the glass?

Edited by Carla_Birch

Posted · 3dsolex hardcore leveling problem on S5

I just did a quick testcube using mine (also on S5) and it prints just like any other core.

I must add that my hardcore is an early one (from the early days of the UM3), which I know was build using original UM core parts, so I guess in the meantime 3dsolex  switched to all own produced parts if you say yours is moving more difficult than a normal core.

Did you contact 3dsolex about it? That's what I would do first..

Posted · 3dsolex hardcore leveling problem on S5

Not yet, will email them in morning, the 0.4 nozzle it levels fine, but any the others it ends up to close to the glass and blocks flow. only think i edit in Cura is the line width eg if using the 0.6 i put line width at 0.55 so not sure if it don't sit right

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies