Jump to content

Ongoing Max Temp Error - UM3EXT


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited) · Ongoing Max Temp Error - UM3EXT



I have been having issues with this printer since last year - below is a previous thread which I have posted.


The issue i'm getting is when I print with PLA and use the PVA support..i can print fine when I use PLA (printcore1) on its own and for support.


When I print using PVA, it will cut out after about an hour with the error - Max Temp error on the Printcore in printhead slot 2.


When this first arose, I replaced the printcore, updated the firmwear and checked the silcone covers were in place. I'm fairly sure the temperture in the room is fine as well as I never had any problems before. I spoke to people on the 3dGBIRE helpdesk and they said it was possibly the print head cable to they sent a new one and I replaced it yesterday but no luck!!! Am I looking at a whole print head replacement? Has anyone experienced this before?


I had to dismantle the printhead before as a spring had fallen and was blocking the PVA extruding.. I also had a major clogging where the PLA backed up completely into the printhead and it took a lot of work to remove it all! I'm wondering if either of these issues may have led to this.



I would appreciate any help or advice, thank you.


Edited by Shirly
  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
    • Our picks

      • Introducing the UltiMaker Factor 4
        We are happy to announce the next evolution in the UltiMaker 3D printer lineup: the UltiMaker Factor 4 industrial-grade 3D printer, designed to take manufacturing to new levels of efficiency and reliability. Factor 4 is an end-to-end 3D printing solution for light industrial applications
          • Thanks
          • Like
        • 3 replies
      • UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 
          • Like
        • 26 replies
    • Create New...