Auto level issue after firmware upgrade

tplindley

Posted · Auto level issue after firmware upgrade

I just updated the firmware in my U3 to current stable. Since then, the auto level feature is not working. I go through the process of manually leveling the bed then try the auto level feature and it doesn't get the nozzles close to the build plate. Then responds with the "out of reasonable" error message. How do I get auto level to work again? Thanks.

Posted · Auto level issue after firmware upgrade

Hi,

the first thing I could imagine is an incorrect distance between the top of the base plate and the bottom of the heater plate, which should be approximately 14 mm for the auto leveling to work properly.

There exists a distance tool for easy adjustment:

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/um3-buildplate-distance-tool

Which error-number is the "out of reasonable" attached? Perhaps there is a helpful description and solution on the UM homepage, like for example this:

https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/47734-difference-between-detected-height-of-both-printcores-exceeds-realistic-values

Does your capacitive sensor work properly (can be checked in the diagnostics menue since last firmware)?

Regards

• 1 month later...
    Posted (edited) · Auto level issue after firmware upgrade

Same issue here since update to 5.2.11.20190503.

Jul 31 09:25:24 ultimakersystem-ccbdd3001057 python3[809]: 2019-07-31 09:25:24,815 WARNING faultHandler Added Fault: <Fault: level=4 code=48 message='Maximum probe height deviation of 1.32 exceeded between probes ProbePoint(loc:Vector2(40.0, 15.0), z:12.547 bed:59.59 °C, nozzle:195.50 °C) and ProbePoint(loc:Vector2(40.0, 175.0), z:10.041 bed:59.75 °C, nozzle:189.40 °C)' data='{}'>

In automatic leveling process (directly after manual leveling) the nozzles instead of touching the plate do stop about 10mm above the surface.

Regards

Edited by Nazdravi