CuraEngine make problem

mhk3000

Posted · CuraEngine make problem

Hello Daid,

When I am running the Make utility for cygwin win7 for CuraEngine, I am getting CuraEngine.exe of only 367KB. This CuraEngine does not work with Cura

The released CuraEngine.exe size is 1MB.

I am synching from github.com/Ultimaker.com/CuraEngine.exe master branch.

Any ideas??

thanks

Mohammed

Building with cygwin causes a dependency on sygwin which the GUI does not satisfy, you might be able to copy DLLs around to fix this. But the CuraEngine in Cura is build with mingw32 (specificly the mingw32 in CodeBlocks 12.11)

Note that there is a refactoring branch for the engine, I'm cleaning up the code there and including a new version of clipper.

Daid,

I am also using mingw32 but having the same problem as above as the Exe is incomplete.

1. Where do I get access to code block 12.11 on github
    2. Also can you specify which dlls are missing for me to build with cygwin.

thanks

Mohammed

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I want to run curaengine from command prompt from windows and linux.

I do not need the GUI. Only thing that I need is to process a 3D drawing to 3D printer.

The file needs to be selected and processed from command lines in both the OS.

Please let me know the required hardware details and all required software compatible for windows 7.

Is it possible to run curaengine from ubuntu. If so which version?

Is there any additional software, graphic card or any plugins are required?

Kindly provide all the required hardware, software, plugins etc in details.

Requesting to explain the process of installation in both the OS and process the 3D image from command prompt in both the OS.

Thanks & Regards,

Debakanta

Only thing that I need is to process a 3D drawing to 3D printer.

Define process. Do you want to create g-code or send g-code to the printer?

The file needs to be selected and processed from command lines in both the OS.

Please let me know the required hardware details and all required software compatible for windows 7.

Download the complete cura package and it manages this for you. The hardware specs required can also be found on the download page.

Is it possible to run curaengine from ubuntu. If so which version?

Yep. Not exactly sure how old it can be, but 15.04 and up work.

Requesting to explain the process of installation in both the OS and process the 3D image from command prompt in both the OS.

https://github.com/Ultimaker/CuraEngine/#running

Hi,

I want to install CuraEngine in my windows 10 64bit PC. The CuraEngine that is available in github site is about how we install in linux. Can you please let me know how I can install it in my PC. My intense is to produce gcode from a STL file and send it to the 3D printer as well. Please guide me how I can do it.

Thanks & Regards,

Debakanta