riotguards

CR10S Pro, under extrusions causing massive holes

Posted · CR10S Pro, under extrusions causing massive holes

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble with my printer, I recently managed to fudge my printer up a bit and had to move onto a spare 0.2mm nozzle I had with my CR10S pro, however I'm getting mixed but consistent under extrusion, the top of my prints also have holes in them which I was hoping ironing would fix but it seems connected to the holes and I can't seem to work out whats causing it, can anyone help me out please, thanks.

Imgur Album .zip

I don't think it is just a software/slicing problem. 

And here are not so much users with Creativity Printer, that could help. But maybe someone else has an advise for you.

I see, I've tried it with Simplfy3d and had much better results, I did try it with the ironing mode on however and these are kinda thin so not sure.

The ironing mode is just for a last finish, to make the top skin more smooth, but it will not help with under extrusions. 

You can try to print much slower, just to check if it is better.

Could the holes be caused by moisture in the filament, do you hear any popping noises while printing ?

Can't say I heard popping and i watch the initial layer being put down and it always seems alright until i lift it off.

I know its a month old but I managed to solve this issue, it turns out that while the CR10S Pro is supposed to be fitted with a .4mm and 2mm nozzle my amazon bought printer came with something waaaay different, i think my default was at least .8mm and my smaller being .5 or .6mm hence why I was having such bad gaps in my prints, I just ordered some new nozzles to check and its sorted most of my issues out (i did have to redo my bed level)

pic as evidence

(left is default, right is newest)

https://imgur.com/h3Jj6fX