No control over brim line width.

Crusty

Posted · No control over brim line width.

I was printing out a particular component with reasonable results but the print settings settings really needed a bit more tweaking. The problem is that once you have made a change or two then it is difficult to recall your previous settings and now I can no longer seem to adjust my brim line width as I would like.

Originally the lines of my brim would touch one another and fuse together which was fine as it gave the brim a lot of strength. Now my lines are well separated and any attempt at increasing the line width so that they can fuse together seems to have no effect. I originally found my optimum was a 0.7mm brim line width and 110% initial layer line width. but now things have all gone haywire and even though I have now increased the brim line width to 1.2mm I seem to have reverted to thin lines that are thinner and all well spaced from one another.

Any ideas would be gratefully received as would any suggestions as to how to squash up the initial layer lines a little so that there is less visual demarcation between them.

I cannot remember with certainty but I think at some stage I also increased the brim line speed which is now set to 40 mm/s, although if I did change it I have no idea what it was originally set at.