zaaf77

analyst developer

Posted · analyst developer

I want to print a GCODE which is on my website directly on S5 without any interface, Is it possible? Do we have any API for this? Could you please help me with this?

You can do it like Cura and send it to the Cura Connect queue with:

http://<IP_OF_YOUR_PRINTER>/cluster-api/v1/print_jobs/

(where <IP_OF_YOUR_PRINTER> is the IP address of a Cura Connect group host)

An example with curl for Windows would look like this:

curl -X POST --header "Content-Type: multipart/form-data" --header "Accept: application/json" {"type":"formData"} -F "file=@%FILENAME%" %URL%

(with the URL from above)

There's a Swagger documentation on the printer if you call the base url  "/cluster-api/v1"

Good luck!

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · analyst developer

I am sure what you mentioned just above is the perfect answer, but due to lack of my development skills I am unable to implement it. Any chance you can link any tutorial or article or close example of this or this sort of implementation. I am using Laravel and newbie to it as well!

I tried to find out on youtube or google but couldn't find any example.

Just can't figure out where I shall be putting this code into my website. Sorry, I know it's bit of far low but that's my start.

I shall be really thankful to you.

Edited by zaaf77

I am afraid, but without some development skills you will not be able to achieve it. 

There is nothing which you can just put on your website, you have at least develop a php (or similar script) which runs on your webserver to upload the gcode file.

But you cannot connect from a public website to your printer, because I guess your printer is on a private network. Therefore you have to create a VPN network between your Webserver and the printer. There are several possibilities and depends on your infrastructure.

So I am sorry, but there is no recipe which you could just follow.

Don't know, if it helps, but once upon a time someone developed a similar thing with PHP, but with the "old" API (that needs authentication).
It should be rather easier in your case. Here is a link to the topic:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Smithy said:

I am afraid, but without some development skills you will not be able to achieve it. 

There is nothing which you can just put on your website, you have at least develop a php (or similar script) which runs on your webserver to upload the gcode file.

But you cannot connect from a public website to your printer, because I guess your printer is on a private network. Therefore you have to create a VPN network between your Webserver and the printer. There are several possibilities and depends on your infrastructure.

So I am sorry, but there is no recipe which you could just follow.

Many thanks for your reply. Yes, I do understand someone should have to have some development background, thanks for your concern. I was looking for something like:

and 

just in case someone else turn-up like me a newbie. VPN is another good clue, thanks again!

16 hours ago, tinkergnome said:

Don't know, if it helps, but once upon a time someone developed a similar thing with PHP, but with the "old" API (that needs authentication).
It should be rather easier in your case. Here is a link to the topic:

Thanks for your help.