Cura_User_666

How to use Cura with a Mac

Posted · How to use Cura with a Mac

I have a Monoprice Mini 3D Printer V2, a Mac Computer, and Cura. How can I get the file from Cura to the printer? Cura doesn’t support USB printing and my Mac doesn’t have a slot for a memory card. Can I get the file from Cura to the printer or do I need to find a different (better) software?

Your question starts out very reasonable, but I wonder what you wanted to achieve by adding the "(better)" there. It makes me want to answer with "you may want to get a different (better) printer".

Cura supports printing over USB. Ultimaker does not offer support for it though. It may work, it may not. If it doesn't for your printer, Ultimaker is not going to fix it for you. Perhaps you can ask your printer manufacturer to contribute a fix.

My personal advice would be to get a Raspberry Pi (model 3 or 3+) and install OctoPrint on it. Then you can use the OctoPrint Connection plugin to send the gcode to your printer, and your Mac will not have to stay connected to the printer during the print.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cura_User_666 said:

my Mac doesn’t have a slot for a memory card

And if ahoeben's solution, which is the best in this case, is nothing for you, buy a cheap USB memory card reader and connect it to your Mac.

• Thanks 1

ok I think I’m gonna buy a USB because that Rasberry stuff costs money and a usb looks pretty simple, thanks for all the help guys 😉