eSun PLA+ Stringing/Underextrusion

dfrez

Posted · eSun PLA+ Stringing/Underextrusion

Just joined this forum.

Reason is - just trying eSun PLA+ and it strings badly. Been up and down all the relevant Cura settings with virtually no effect.

Printer I am using is a Sovol SV01 (direct drive) at (after a lot of fiddling) 205C/60C, 1.2mm/50mm/s retraction. I use a test model (attached) with 10mm tall cone type towers of different shapes (5x5mm square, 5x1mm rectangular, 5mm diameter circular) and an extra cylinder that is 2mm diameter for the first 5mm, then 1mm diameter) - so a fairly tough test.

What I notice is that there is no stringing until 1/2 way up, but after that I cannot stop it, whatever i change. Coasting even with quite extreme values had no effect. Ordinary PLA (Sovol) on the other hand printed at 190C/60C - no problem.

I have also noticed that when pulled away from the nozzle it is very elastic as previously described.

So, having read all your comments, I am inclined to assume it just does string.

fourtowers10mm.stl