Filament seller suggestions

nachokaos

Posted · Filament seller suggestions

would be very grateful if someone can guide to some quality filament seller.allready buy few spools from ultimaker (bit expensive...)until now i buy from fromfutura and some others, the thing is if you can share some experience betwen those:

colorfabb

Faberdashery

fromfutura

ultimaker

and pointing on the igo3D bundle 5+1k PLA are good in off its really good price.

thanks.

I'm a fan of the Faberdashery stuff when I print small things (awesome quality but pricey) for large things I use Ultimaker stuff, which I see as decent quality (but Ultimaker PLA is easy to get for me)

I'm a fan of the Faberdashery stuff when I print small things (awesome quality but pricey) for large things I use Ultimaker stuff, which I see as decent quality (but Ultimaker PLA is easy to get for me)

lolol shure you play with advantage in Ultimaker stuff :),i really love some color options from faberdashery,allready got some from Ultimaker, definitely i go with this two for special and final prints,but a cheap option for testing prototiping etc cud be cool in that way the igo3d bundle really takes mi atention but the thing its really worth it ...

Hi 3dcase,

and how is the quality?

I bought from formfutura and I`m not so happy, bought from reprapworld and not so happy also!.

That cellphone case that you printed in flex pla... from where did you buy the filament?

Thanks!

Augusto

Plastic2print?

Cheap, fast delivery, good service, nice guy.....

Hi 3dcase,

and how is the quality?

I bought from formfutura and I`m not so happy, bought from reprapworld and not so happy also!.

That cellphone case that you printed in flex pla... from where did you buy the filament?

Thanks!

Augusto

Printbl/Diamond Age is my overall favorite - output quality may be the best (Green, Purple, Silver, Yellow all give me crazy good results) and the filament is extremely forgiving of temperature adjustments - it flows almost the same from 200-240° and with drastic changes in print speed. The Banana Yellow is an incredibly useful material - I honestly don't like the color that much, but it flows far better - and is much less brittle - than any other PLA I have tried. I generally do most of my printing in other colors and at 0.1mm or thinner, but when I need a bunch of large objects - quickly - I switch to the yellow and print with fast, thick layers, still getting excellent part quality.

I'm printing a lot in Ultimachine PLA now too; I like some of the colors better, the cost is a little lower, and shipping is very quick in the US. The output quality can be equally good as the Printbl PLA, but the material is not quite as forgiving when your print settings are incorrect - when you increase speed or layer height, adjusting the temperature to compensate for the higher flow rates is much more important.

Plastic2print?

Cheap, fast delivery, good service, nice guy.....

And now they have 2.85 Ultimaker filament too (Ultimate)

Happy user here.

Groet Dree