Damaged AA Printcore : Is there any spare parts available ?

V3DPrinting

Posted (edited) · Damaged AA Printcore : Is there any spare parts available ?

Hi there

I have an issue with a fairly new AA 0.4 Printcore, supplied with my S5 end of Dec '18. It's the secondary AA print core, so it hasn't run many hours and it is in very good condition.

The transparent lever has broken, while in the printhead.

IMG_4143.thumb.jpeg.17aac4484057ec2eb784cafa1829422c.jpeg

I have managed to extract the print core out of the printhead and I would like to fix it without buying a brand new print core.

Is there any spare parts available for the print cores ? Or is there any CAD file that part, so I can get it printed in SLA ?

Thanks for your valuable feedback !

Edited by V3DPrinting

Posted · Damaged AA Printcore : Is there any spare parts available ?

As far as I know there are no spare parts, the print core itself is the spare part 🙂

But I think I have seen the lever somewhere on Thingiverse or Youmagine for the UM print core.

Hi Smithy

Thanks for the feedback. Indeed it's on Thingiverse.

I'm just back from my annual leave and didn't had the idea to thingiverse for the model.

I will have a try with that one https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3003778

As I print often with a fully enclosed printer material like ABS, ABS/PC, CPE+ or PC, I'll go for a CPE + print.

I let you know

Posted (edited) · Damaged AA Printcore : Is there any spare parts available ?

I have successfully fixed my print core using the model from Thingiverse in my previous post. The model has to be fixed with Meshmixer (Make Solid feature).

I have printed it with ColorFabb HT Clear. But in order to get the dimensional accuracy, I haven't tried to get a clear print (increased material flow and high temps would have  increased the dimensions)

IMG_4149.thumb.jpeg.bf7bc46e15933ad77491e63b638d486b.jpeg

It should handle without any problem the high temperatures in the enclosed printer.

The only point is the stiffness of the HT. It would have been better to print it with transparent PC, with some tweaking in order to be accurate.

Good point is the same part works also well with the 3d Solex Hardcores, which I use mainly.

Edited by V3DPrinting

Great and thanks for the feedback.

Could you perhaps upload the repaired STL file here, should someone need it again? 

Here's the repaired file of the Printcore Lever.

It is optimized for a low shrinkage material, certainly would need testing and tweaking for materials like Polycarb or ABS.

UM3CoreClip_PL repaired.stl

Thanks a lot for sharing!