missing layers in cura 4.2.1

Demian123

Posted · missing layers in cura 4.2.1

HI,

this is my first post here and i´m new to 3d printing, so go easy on me if i´m commiting some obvious mistake here:D

I´m currently trying to print a part that i designed in fusion 360 and exported directly into cura. most of the time this works fine but this time i´ve run into a problem:

Cura "deletes" some of the layers and doesn´t display them in the preview.

i´ve played around a bit with the fill out tiny gaps feature but that just shifts the layer that gets forgotten to another layer.

additionally, some of the layers on the dome get shifted slightly so that they don´t meet the right geometry, resulting in a rough and ugly surface finish.

really appreciate all help i can get on this :)

here´s the shifting layers

layer_shift.png.f78bb86ae49c52951b2a49934efaf219.png

and the missing layer(s)missing_layer.thumb.png.1b461e5110e312fee3482c0dfa02d085.png

Posted · missing layers in cura 4.2.1

In this same "preview mode" to the left of that option and on the next bar down change "Layer iew" to "X-Ray view".  Is there any red at all?  Zoom in near the error areas.  If it's all shades of blue and white then your model is solid/manifold.  If you see any red then there is a problem with the cad model.

Some problems don't show up in xray view but that's a good start.

Another possibility is that your wall is too thin in this spot.  Either try reducing the "line width" or try checking "print thin walls".  Or both.  Just to see what happens.