ssashton

Adjust Filter Out Tiny Gaps?

Posted · Adjust Filter Out Tiny Gaps?

Hi,

The 'Filter Out Tiny Gaps' feature is very useful and enabled by default I believe.

Is possible to adjust what Cura considers a tiny gap?

In the part below I would like to avoid printing these tiny tri-angle sections because they tend to turn in to a little blob and just wastes time z-hopping around.

Cura Filter Small Gaps.jpg

Posted · Adjust Filter Out Tiny Gaps?

Adjust the Line Width by a a few hundredths of a mm up or down until you see the long gap vanish, for a start, and it will reduce the triangles size.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited) · Adjust Filter Out Tiny Gaps?

That was great advice thank you! 4.8mm didn't do it, 4.9mm didn't do it, but 4.85mm did the trick nicely!

Combined with disabling 'Fill gaps between walls' and adjusting concentric infill percentage I was able to get a really clean print with minimal z-hopping or jerking around on tiny infill.

Adjusting line width is not ideal though in all cases, the wall in my item varies thickness so I was lucky to strike a setting that worked across the whole print I think.  It would still be nice to have control over what a 'tiny gap' is, just like you can on the 'minimal infill area' setting. 

Edited by ssashton
  • Like 1