"Does not contain any valid profile"

AlexTheGreat

Posted · "Does not contain any valid profile"

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Cura and having some problems. I found a profile (which I assume is from an older edition of the software) and when I try to import it I get the message "does not contain any valid profile". Is there a fix for this? I've googled around but haven't been able to find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I am using the newest version of Cura, I don't know what version the profile was made in.

Is the profile an "ini" file?  If so you need cura 15.X which you can get here:

https://gr5.org/Ultimaker_Cura-15.04.06.exe

If the profile is a "3mf" file you can just open it with any text editor and jump to the bottom.  The last few lines of the file explain the profile in human readable terms.  Just read slowly and carefully.

10 hours ago, gr5 said:

Is the profile an "ini" file?  If so you need cura 15.X which you can get here:

https://gr5.org/Ultimaker_Cura-15.04.06.exe

If the profile is a "3mf" file you can just open it with any text editor and jump to the bottom.  The last few lines of the file explain the profile in human readable terms.  Just read slowly and carefully.

It's says it's a .curaprofile. Not sure what to do with it. I can open it in notepad but it only has around 8 lines worth of stuff. I feel like there should be more.

Oh right.  I forgot about those files.  I've never used that feature - I save as "3mf" file instead (just do file, save and that's the default).

So I'm 90% sure you can read the curaprofile file.  Look at it again in notepad more carefully.  It may look ugly or a little hard to read but if you relax and read slowly it should be quite readable.  Then you can just set those settings manually in cura.

• Thanks 1