Unable to find any plugins

Yiannis

Posted · Unable to find any plugins

Hi community - I'm a brand newbie to Cura and 3D printing. I've an Anycubic I3 Mega printer and have printed a couple of things already, one using the SD directly into the machine and now through the Cura software. I would like to try a Lithophane but when I checked in preferences I have NO plugins at all. Ultimaker support says go to your Cura folder but I don't know how to d this on a MacBook because when I click on the app it simply opens up.

Can anyone help me find and load a correct set of plugins in, especially one for image reading/viewing.

Thanks in advance,

Yiannis. 

Posted · Unable to find any plugins

Hi

for processing a Lithophane you don't need a plugin, just use the open menu item to load a picture and a dialog box comes up.

You can find the Cura folder when you click on HELP and then "Show Configuration Folder".

To install plugins, use the marketplace in the upper right corner. There are plugins and material profiles to install. If you find a plugin which is not in the marketplace, download it and simply drag it onto the Cura window to install it.