CURA 4.2.1 vs 3.6 Print Time Discrepancies

Posted · CURA 4.2.1 vs 3.6 Print Time Discrepancies

I have been using CURA 3.6 since I bought an Ender 3 Pro printer early this year but recently upgraded to CURA 4.2.1

Apart from CURA 4.2.1 not including a profile for the Ender 3 Pro, which I have remedied, there is a wide difference between the print times for the same object between the two versions.

As an example one item I have previously printed sucessfully using the gcode produced by 3.6 and which took around 5 and a half hours is now supposedly going to take over 8 hours if I use the gcode output from 4.2.1    Before anyone asks the layer height, wall/top/bottom thicknesses, infill pattern and density, material, and printer head speed are the same in each case.

A second item which was an 11 hour task is supposedly going to take over 18 hours.

I can understand that two different slicers might go at things a little differently bit this is not a LITTLE different.

Anyone got any ideas on why, or whether I have missed something here?

Regards