BUG:Support Zigzag doesn't produce zigzag but lines

hennysavenije

Posted (edited) · BUG:Support Zigzag doesn't produce zigzag but lines

I am using cura for quite a while now, and I have the latest version, 4.0.3 and I noticed today, if I want to use the zigzag support (basically because of the option "Break up support in chuncks") but the result is still lines and not zigzag (Don't know if the "Chunck" option is being fulfilled but I assume not)

Also in the preview it can be viewed that it doesn't produce zigzag but lines

Edited by hennysavenije

Posted · BUG:Support Zigzag doesn't produce zigzag but lines

Hello @hennysavenije, thanks for the files. Unfortunately, I can't import that profile. Please save the project (File -> Save) and attach the .3mf file. The file you have already attached only contains the model and is not a project file.

Ah, sorry, misunderstanding. I exported it, instead of saving, the attached one now is made on my home computer but shows the same behavior, I noticed something else odd. On my home computer, I can see in the preview box a dropdown box where I can choose for Material color, Line type, feed rate and Layer thickness, In my hobby house on my laptop I don't have that option.

CE3_cabin.3mf

Thanks for the project file. You simply need to set the support wall line count to 0 to remove the walls that encompass the zig-zag support.

I think the difference between your displays is due to the level of OpenGL that is provided on your two machines. To get the fancier display, your computer needs to support OpenGL 4.1 or greater.

Oops, I forgot to attach the obligatory screen shot...

Screenshot_2019-10-07_12-43-53.thumb.png.ad6142718fb2324e484f35d4a1420e5b.png

Posted (edited) · BUG:Support Zigzag doesn't produce zigzag but lines

Hmm, I think we are talking about a different definition of zigzag, but alright, I have used zigzag before but that was on Dutch railroad catanaries and railroad crossings, https://www.thingiverse.com/hennysavenije/designs.

As for the picture, that's exactly what I see too.

Anyhow, thanks for the efforts and insight you gave me.

Edited by hennysavenije