bman

cura 4.3 asks for printer setup everytime it is stated after a windows restart.

Posted · cura 4.3 asks for printer setup everytime it is stated after a windows restart.

I have been using version 4.3 and have imported my configurations from previous versions. Most of the time when I start my computer and open Cura I am prompted by the initial screens and license. I am then walked through the printer selection wizard. The wizard does not show my profiled printers, but asks for new ones to be added. Once I add a new printer Cura takes me to the main screen where I can select all of my already installed printers and profiles.

Posted · cura 4.3 asks for printer setup everytime it is stated after a windows restart.

Could you share your log files?

My initial guess would be that it's failing to write files to your harddrive (since thats how the machines are stored).

Here you go. I tried to remove the old cura folders but that did not seem to help.

Thank you

Bernie

cura.log

I'm seeing some issues in the log, but I'm not quite sure if they are causing the issues;
- There is a (custom) plugin that is failing to be loaded called the "MKS Plugin".

- There is a printer that doesn't have a definition set called BIBO2. This is probably the result of manually adding a printer definition and not adding all the files it needs.

Those profile was added by the manufacturer. It works fine inversion 3, and does work in version 4 once you select a new printer and get past the wizard.