Filament far away from print head

zungara

Posted · Filament far away from print head

Hello,

i have massiv problems with the position of the filament after a shut down of the printer. First I thought it happens only after a quick abort. 

I print an object over night. In the morning the object is ready. I remove the object and clean the plate and switch off the printer. In the afternoon I start a new print. The printer heat up and starts bed leveling. I alway use the Prime blob to validate the material. But there is no material coming and the print start without material. After same second the material is coming. 

When I am fast enough to realize the problem I am able to push material manually about 10 cm into the core and everything works fine. The problem start after update to the new firmware.

I use:

Ultimaker S5

Firmware 5.4.6 20191001

Cura 4.3.0

Same for problem for myself and others, I was advised to contact your re-seller to flag up this issue as its the best way to

get it dealt with. Hopefully will be sorted soon as its taken the Ultimaker "it just prints" feel away

It is a bug in the firmware 5.4.6 and since a few hours you should see a firmware update message on your printer to downgrade to 5.2.11. If not, check manually for a new firmware you will see that the printer reports 5.2.11 again as the new one to downgrade.