Cura 4.3 Select Face to Align issue

Posted · Cura 4.3 Select Face to Align issue

Hi, first time here

I have a Lenovo E530 with the Cura 4.3.0. The new "Select Face to Align" icon doesn't show on the toolbar

On my desktop PC it is fine. Anyone else have this issue / or solution Thanks in advance Andrew

I had to hunt for it initially.

1. select the object you want to orient.
    2. choose the rotation tool on the left column of buttons.
    3. theres now a 3rd option on the rotation tool. Click the rightmost button. Notice the rotation tool circles disappear from around the part.
    4. click on the face you want on the build plate

I have the exact same problem. I have Cura 4.3 installed on 2 machines. The icon shows up under the rotate tool on 1 machine, but doesn't on the other. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I still have the same problem.

Screenshot.JPG

The "Select Face to Align" feature requires a computer & GPU with at least OpenGL 4.1. If the system does not support OpenGL 4.1, the button for the feature will not show up. No amount of reinstalling will change that.

Thank you very much for answering that. I updated my video card drivers, but after doing some research, it looks like my NVIDIA GeForce 315 maxes out out OpenGL 3.3. I guess that is what I get for having a 8 year old computer. Probably not worth upgrading for one feature. 

I installed a newer video card my friend gave me and the "Select Face to Align" feature is now working. Thanks ahoeben!

The feature doesn't show up on my laptop either.  GLView shows that I support everything up to and including 4.6.  Any ideas?

2019-11-26.png