Posted (edited) · Cathulhu

Heres my Cathulhu model. Came out great considering it was full of intersecting geometry. I realised that if i have unassigned polygroups on an object and bring them into MAX then it creates seperate elements within the object that arent joined geometrically to the model yet still a part of it. Cura doesnt like this. At all. I keep forgetting to reassign my elements after editing them! Oh well. it works and thats all that counts! Well done cura! Ill post more pics as it complete it. Its a bit impossible to see whats going on at the moment. The wings are using my classic bespoke support because cura cant create good support for thin tall vertical objects and anything vertical that starts with a sharp spike, like the bottom of a dragon wing claw or fingers pointing down. Eitherway not hard to remedy bespokely. maual support is 0.4 -0.6mm thick for those interested.

Now for the clean up, filling, acetoning, sanding, spraying, and painting!

IMG-20191024-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20191022-WA0003.jpeg

Edited by cloakfiend
  • Like 1

Posted · Cathulhu

Just acetoned him and cut his wings out using a hot knife. Starting to look good now, just needs painting! One wing is bigger than the other and it annoys a but be but I was trying hard to have it in the same pose as the meme I used as inspiration.

20191026_205620.jpg

20191026_210110.jpg

Posted · Cathulhu

This one has nice translucent colors. Maybe you can polish it a little bit, and brush off the white residu, but leave it unpainted?

Posted · Cathulhu

Yes the wings are very thin. About .4-.6mm so they mimic the real thing because the light gets through. Unfortunately I had one bad layer so i just acetoned all of it. I need to remake onecwing anyway so ill print the next one in tr green and just avoid the wing membrane when acetoning.

20191028_203531.jpg