IWP

Upgrading s5 Firmware problem

Posted · Upgrading s5 Firmware problem

I upgraded my s5 firmware to the 5.4.6 (as advised by Cura) and then started having real problems with the printer stopping and telling me it had run out of filament, when it hadn't. When I tried to change the filament it stopped halfway through retraction and made a horrible noise. After contacting my supplier they advised me to rollback to 5.2.11which I did. Since then the latest print has lots of stringing and small strands of filament all over it. (see picture). It did seem to reduce the amount of times it stopped because of flow sensor but when it did it still made the horrible noise when changing. Any ideas???

IMG_20191024_093021.jpg

IMG_20191024_093027.jpg

Posted · Upgrading s5 Firmware problem

I personally had the unloading problem and that real bad sound and i just fully powered the printer and reset it all and the problems went away. I have after that also rolled back to 5.2.11 because the printer come up asking me to install that version (My guess is 5.4.6 got pulled)

Might want to clean out the feeding gear as it might have all bits of filament in it due to the unloading problem, what can affect the feeding of filament what might trigger the filament out problems.