Upgrading s5 Firmware problem

IWP

Posted · Upgrading s5 Firmware problem

I upgraded my s5 firmware to the 5.4.6 (as advised by Cura) and then started having real problems with the printer stopping and telling me it had run out of filament, when it hadn't. When I tried to change the filament it stopped halfway through retraction and made a horrible noise. After contacting my supplier they advised me to rollback to 5.2.11which I did. Since then the latest print has lots of stringing and small strands of filament all over it. (see picture). It did seem to reduce the amount of times it stopped because of flow sensor but when it did it still made the horrible noise when changing. Any ideas???

IMG_20191024_093021.jpg

IMG_20191024_093027.jpg

I personally had the unloading problem and that real bad sound and i just fully powered the printer and reset it all and the problems went away. I have after that also rolled back to 5.2.11 because the printer come up asking me to install that version (My guess is 5.4.6 got pulled)

Might want to clean out the feeding gear as it might have all bits of filament in it due to the unloading problem, what can affect the feeding of filament what might trigger the filament out problems.

• 2 months later...
    Posted (edited) · Upgrading s5 Firmware problem

since upgrading to the bundle and the firmware as well.  nothing about this printer works in any way. will not print, the material handler does not work in any way..   i have unhooked the material handler and the top air portion. the machine still doesn't work.  i have tried rolling it back with the bundle parts un attached.  nothing. it still see the bundle parts .   does not work.   in the process of boxing the bundle parts back up.  untill this is fixed do not buy the material station.  just junk.

Edited by wessam

it will not see the material loaded in the printer. it will show it in cura it will show diff material on the machine.  when i go to print. i get a line accross that material, then on ht e start screen it will show the matierial as it really is.  then it does not print/.   

@wessam this issue was specifically about the pulled version, I hope you are not using that version but 5.4.27.

If you still have this problem please be more specific in you problem description because we can't help you or fix the problem you are experiencing if we can't reproduce the same problem here.