Cura 4.3 slice one at time close to bed border and arrange feature failing

Joseps

Posted · Cura 4.3 slice one at time close to bed border and arrange feature failing

The printhead collision avoidance area seems to detect the end of the bed as a problem, when "one at a time" is enabled, as shown in the screenshot.

As soon as I switch to "all at once" I can again use the the full space in the bed. 

Somehow using "arrange all models" fails and sends all but one of them outside the bed, but placing them back manually seems to fix partially the problem, allowing for some of the models to be placed and printed closer to the border. E.g. in the second screenshot I can locate two of them with the printhead shadow outside the bed, but the dark grayed one can't be moved further away in the Y axis withouth triggering the same "unable to slice" error.

It would be also nice to have back that "arrange" feature working as in old versions. It is quite helpful when printing a lot of small items.

Finally, and unrelated to those topics; is it normal that the printing volume cube graphic is suddently reduced in the Z axis to the size of the tallest model after slicing, as shown in both pics? Modifying it in the printer settings menu renders it back to the original display, wich for my printer is 200mm.

cura430error.png

cura430after arrange.png

Posted · Cura 4.3 slice one at time close to bed border and arrange feature failing

Printing one at a time is tricky. The reason it decreases the build volume is because it has to. Cura will use the "gantry height" setting for that. This setting defines the distance from the tip of the nozzle to the moving axis. Any print that is longer than that will hit the axis (and will thus ruin your print).

The arrange all models is a bit naive. The main reason that it was merged is because it's generally better than the one we had before. It should get some more love, but other things keep getting more priority.

Thanks nallath,

It has total sense reducing the actual Z volume to "gantry height" as that is the limit. Silly me not having realized.

There's still some issue regarding the boundaries for the nozzle when "one at a time" is enabled even for a single item in bed. As you can see in the picture, 4.3 creates that dark gray area (that seems to be unrelated to printhead dimensions, as modifying those doesn't seem to change it).

This is a comparison between 15.04 and 4.3. Both without any adhesion feature but a tiny 2 lines skirt.

1560569220_cura430_bedlimit.thumb.png.3bab3992db6e1aec4838fcf03e9c5f41.png

It migtht be related to Creality printers profiles. Moving to my standard Anet A8 profile the square light gray area still appears, but it allows you to go to the bed limit (as long as the dark-gray skirt is inside).

Neither my Ender2, nor a default CR-10 profile allows me to go to the limits, as the dark grayed area is a square almost the size of the light gray one.

I have discovered that in the Printer Setup, "Extruder 1" tab, neither of the Creality printers have a Nozzle Size field, as my Anet profile has.  This seems strange.

1301000779_cura430_printersettings.thumb.png.1df39058522ccc0fbb3ba228c411e4ae.png

Adding a new Ender 2 printer with a clean profile shows the same "missing" fiel.

I guess I am not awaare of some configuration with this new version. Sorry to bother you.