UM2+ ERROR - STOPPED Temp Sensor

daveholbrook

Posted · UM2+ ERROR - STOPPED Temp Sensor

Hi,

Was hoping someone could help with this one.

After about a minute of the nozzle heating i get this message. I've checked all connections and everything seems fine. I've swapped the two temperature cables around but the issue still remains when heating the nozzle. Online guidelines state this would indicate a problem with the main board.

Anybody know where i go from here?

Thanks,

Dave

Could also be caused by a loose temp sensor. If you loosen the screw that holds the temp sensor in the heater block and then gently press on the sensor, it should slide in a little more. Then tighten the screw again.

Another possible fault reason could be that your heater cartridge can't reach the desired temperature in anymore within the limits of the firmware. That should show only when you print really hot (>230°C).

To test if it is the board, you should also be able to go to the Maintenance->Advanced menu on the printer, dial to "heatup nozzle" but don't click on it. You should see now the measured and desired nozel temperature, e.g. 20°C/0°C. The first one is the measured temperature and should be close to room temperature after switching the printer on. If you now select this option and dial in a nozzel temperature, you should see the temperature rise quite fast - 50°C per minute or so. If the measured temperature doesn't increase and the block doesn't start to heat up (carefull when testing this by touching - only do that in the ferst few seconds!) , it could be the heater driver on the board. If it gets hot but the measured temp does not increase, it could be the sensor or the board parts that deal with the sensor but in that case a board defect seems very unlikely as there is not mich between the sensor and the microcontroller on the board that could fail.

Thanks reibuehl. I've got into where the temp sensor is seated and made sure everything is in properly. When i go to "heatup nozzle"  i get a reading of 26°C/0°C. If i then click on this and increase the desired temperature the measured value steadily builds up, goes beyond the desired temp by around 10% and then settles back down. This works with no issues. Even at temperatures above 230°C.

The error message comes when i select "Insert Material". The machine will go through the process of heating the nozzle and then invites you to insert the material as the feeder kicks in. This lasts for about 10 seconds and then i get the 'ERROR - STOPPED Temp Sensor' message.