foadsf

What mistakes can lead to ER17 - The X or Y axis is stuck or the limit switch is broken

Posted · What mistakes can lead to ER17 - The X or Y axis is stuck or the limit switch is broken

I'm fairly new to the Ultimaker 3D printers. Yesterday afternoon I left an 8h print and this morning found the print stopped with this error message:

20191029_083524.thumb.jpg.cfd15fbb32f910ef04cb52ca17d1e650.jpg

The X or Y axis is stuck or the limit switch is broken. Go to ultimaker.com/ER17.

Now in the website there are instructions about how to troubleshoot and diagnose the problem but I given the nature of our workshop I want to know what sort of mistakes could lead to such a problem? What could I do wrong to cause such an issue. The steps I followed

• designed the parts in FreeCAD
  • Exported STL
  • sliced in Cura for Ultimaker 3 with 0.1 resolution and no support and 20% thickness...
  • moved the slice to the machine with the USB drive in above image
  • washed the glass and dried it
  • sprayed the given glue
  • placed the glass and fixes the holders
  • selected the sliced gcode and started the print

I would appreciate if you could share your experience if you have seen things like this before.

Posted · What mistakes can lead to ER17 - The X or Y axis is stuck or the limit switch is broken

I have a typo in the title section but can't find the edit option!!!

1 hour ago, foadsf said:

I have a typo in the title section but can't find the edit option!!!

I have corrected the type for you.

• Like 1

Regarding the error message, it is not a failure of your workflow or something like that.

I guess the X or Y switch was not adjusted correctly or got loose. So check both switches, turn off the printer and move manually the head to the end stops and hear for a "click"of the switches. You can adjust the switch with the 2 screws or carefully bend the metal part of it, but I would first check if moving the whole switch is enough. Then tighten the screws and you should be fine.

• Like 1