Printing with nylon, error message saying runaway temperature

paulrhee2002

Posted · Printing with nylon, error message saying runaway temperature

I am trying to print a test cube with nylon 230 (nylon that is supposed to be able to print at 230 degree nozzle temp).

I am using a 1mm nozzle that I have successfully printed other materials with.

I am getting an error message after the first couple of layers saying "runaway temperature" and it stops printing.

Is 230 too hot?  Is the bed temp too high?

I did try to print at 240 degrees and it wouldn't reach that temperature at all so went to 230; which it was supposed to be at according to manufacturer.

I am using the tevo black widow printer

no upgraded parts

230 degree nozzle temp

80 degree bed temp

7mm/s (have to slow it down because 1mm nozzle)

Anyone know what that means?  Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Paul

This message is a safeguard. It indicates that your printer has been heating the nozzle for some time, but the measured temperature is not rising. 

This can happen when the temperature measurement is broken. If the printer would not shut down in that case, it could cause a fire. 

In your case, you are probably getting this error because the printer is unable to reach the requested temperature. Check your printer's specifications and maybe contact your seller. 

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the response and the warning about fire!

It hasn't happened again so not sure wtf that was about.  It was a very cold day and the wind was blowing somewhat at it so maybe just couldn't reach temp that day?  Thanks again