error when loading igus filament from the marketplace

ayu

Posted · error when loading igus filament from the marketplace

hello there. 

so i have the problem that when i select the igus filament for one of the printcores, cura tells me it is not supported, so that i have no print-profiles to select. 

i thought the point is to have it supported and profiles ready when you load a filament form the market place? 

or is this some sort of bug for me?

i already reinstalled cura and resetted every print profile...

alright! seems like i just found the reason: its not supported on the Ultimaker S3. But it does work if i select an S5 from the printer list. 

But since the S3 is just a small S5 it should work aswell or am i wrong? i remember using the igus150 filament on a Ultimaker 3... 

i cant believe that is meant to be this way, right?

That just means that the manufacturer hasn't gotten around to creating a profile for the S3. It takes a fair bit of time and effort to create these profiles. Granted, in this case it should be fairly straight forward to copy over the settings but it is what it is.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited) · error when loading igus filament from the marketplace

ah ok. thanks for the answer.  

I absolutely acknowledge the time and effort that got put into these profiles, but I actually thought I would be indeed quite easy to transfer the S5 profiles to the S3. 
    So I know the official profiles will come along after some time. 

Meanwhile, ill try to convert the S5 settings to the S3.

Edited by ayu