Pause after Skirt?

stringsonfire

Posted · Pause after Skirt?

I don't know a way to pause the printer after the skirt, you can only manually edit the gcode file. Be aware that a pause after the skirt is counterproductive. You want to prime the nozzle just before it starts printing, so a pause in between is not so good.

But why so complicated, I apply a few stripes of glue on the glass, then distribute it with a wet tissue to get a thin layer. I distribute it over the whole area of the glass and renew the glue layer after 20-30 prints. 

A glue stick is cheap so don't waste your time with such hacks, it is not worth in my opinion.

• 1 year later...
    Posted · Pause after Skirt?

I would like this, too. Here is my use case.

I am new to 3d printing. I finally got my delta calibrated and am doing my first prints. I am still learning how to use it. One issue I have learned I have to do is set the z height of my unit for each print session. I think it is because of the blue tape and the quirky nature of the z probe, but I don't know yet.

What I have found is that I can tell from the skirt whether or not I have it set up right. I would like it to print the skirt and pause for me to check it out. If it is good, reprint the skirt, then start on the first layer.

Reprinting the skirt allows for the re-priming you describe. There is already a setting to reprint the pre-pause layer, so this is handled. The pause allows me to gracefully check it all out. So I would like to be able to do this, too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 23 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies