Xeddog

Does Cura have command line options?

Posted · Does Cura have command line options?

Does Cura have any command line options for startup?  The example that comes to mind is that I usually have two instances of Cura running, one for each of two printers.  I have to start Cura twice, and when they are launched they both have the same printer activated.  I would like to be able to have a launcher icon for each printer so I wouldn't have to change one of them.   Both printers use the same sources for stl files, but each printer has it's own destination file for gcode files so it would be good to keep all of that info too.

4 hours ago, Xeddog said:

Does Cura have any command line options for startup? 

Yes, but not for what you want to achieve. Running multiple instances is a workflow that is not supported and that will cause subtle issues (eg the preferences and settings of the last Cura instance that is closed will overwrite what is written by the other instance(s)).

The current commandline options are listed here, but I think they are broken on Windows:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Uranium/blob/35ba8c5687a540a0f3df055a421373e96d30c606/UM/Application.py#L109

Thank you for your response.  What isn't broken in windows!  🤬  I wonder if there are enough people that would be interested in something like this to make a formal feature request????

Wayne

It would require a big architectural change to support this officially. I don’t think it will happen soon.