ZachRose

VAO not created

Posted · VAO not created

I'm working on a plugin that generates a flow of QML windows when Cura is booted up with the plugin installed. I've been using some aspects of the WelcomePagesModel as a model for my workflow. About 30-50% of the time when booting Cura to test my plugin, it crashes and the log throws the error:

UM.View.RenderBatch.render [219]: VAO not created. Hell breaks loose

I looked at the Uranium documentation but that's a little low level for my skills. Can anyone offer some background/context what the VAO does/is or why I might be breaking its ability to be created some of the time?

Posted · VAO not created

Well, as you might notice from the warning error, we really, really don't expect this case to happen. It's more as a cheek in tongue kind of remark that there is an error at all.

What we do is we ask the opengl drivers if they support vertexArrayObjects. If it does, we create one. That's also the moment that this error occurs; The drivers say that it's supported, but it fails to actually provide us with a vertexArray.

I've added a bit of code that at least should prevent the vertexArrayObject from being used if it wasn't created correctly, but that will only be in the 4.6 release. Since I don't actually have the issue, it might also not actually resolve it.