Beegee

Change {print_time} variable output. (Printer can not display colons":")

Posted · Change {print_time} variable output. (Printer can not display colons":")

Hello

I want to display the estimated print time on my  screen. I get the time with the variable {print_time} in the Start G-Code:

M117 Start Print {print_time}

Cura correctly generates the G-Code:

M117 Start Print 02:34:38

But it seems that the original 1.1.6.2 firmware of my Ender 3 can not display colons, so the text ist cut after the first 2 digits:

Start Print 02

Is there a way to change the output of {print_time}? For example like 02h34m34s? When i manually edit the Gcode to that it displays fine on the screen.

Thanks,

Beegee

Posted · Change {print_time} variable output. (Printer can not display colons":")

You can add a Search-and-Replace postprocessing script to do this (Extesions -> Post Processing -> Modify GCode).

Search: (M117.*)(\d+)\:(\d+):(\d+)

Replace: \\1\\2h\\3m\\4s

Use Regular Expressions: checked

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the hint with the post processing. Your replace code needed a little correction but it works 😀

Replace: \1\2h\3m\4s

Cura Start G-Code: M117 Start Print {print_time}

G-Code: M117 Start Print 0h2m34s

Thanks again,

Beegee