Harv

Possible Software problems, please advise

Posted · Possible Software problems, please advise

Hi,

We recently received a new S5 for our small company. The single part prints have been easy and turned out great. The multi part attempts (same small part in 6 piece arrays) fail every time. The failure modes seem to indicate software issues. The Cura preview looks great, but the #1 nozzle will almost always fail to extrude anything, the #2 nozzle will not be lifted and drag around harshly on the glass. Once the support material did extruded a good few layers, then instead of a #1 extrusion, the #2 nozzle was dragged over them like they were speed bumps, making a ratcheting sound. I have tried several recalibrations and retuned the lift lever, nothing has worked. We ran a 23 hour, single part print that finished this morning and it came out beautifully. I have Cura 4.4.0. Any tips would be appreciated, otherwise I just wanted to flag these issues for the developers.

Ed