Cura 4.4.0 Octoprint "Octoprint error forbidden"

ColinM

Posted · Cura 4.4.0 Octoprint "Octoprint error forbidden"

I have recently got this problem where cura keeps putting up pop up with the words  "Octoprint error forbidden"

And although after slicing it says "print with octoprint" and it says it will queue the print it doesnst send or store the print to octoprint.

I can see the camera attached to the pi 3b+ in the monitor tab bu on that tab it says "Printer does not accept commands"

If i go to octoprint in web browser I can control upload and print as usual  - its just the Cura link that is not working. 

This was all working fine at the weekend 

Hi, I'm the creator of the Cura OctoPrint Connection plugin.

What version of OctoPrint do you use? And what version of the OctoPrint Connection plugin? Does this happen all the time, or intermittently?

Can you upload your octoprint.log somewhere and post a link to it? You can get it through the OctoPrint web interface via OctoPrint Settings -> OctoPrint -> Logging.

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.4.0 Octoprint "Octoprint error forbidden"
    3 hours ago, ColinM said:

Not sure how to send log file

Copy/paste it into pastebin.com, post the link here. Or put it in dropbox and share a link. Send it to yourself with wetransfer.com, and copy the link here. Drag and drop it into a message here. The options are many.

3 hours ago, ColinM said:

there are loads of "tornado.access - WARNING - 409 "

You are leaving out the interesting bit, that comes after the 409. That's why I ask for the full log; to see what is causing the warning, how often it happens, etc.

Edited by ahoeben

This is how it looks in Cura image.thumb.png.3852a7babe1e76840c16a9e7b1112c4b.png

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.4.0 Octoprint "Octoprint error forbidden"

It looks like your API key is no longer correct. The plugin should handle that more gracefully in a future version.

Could you check the "Connect to OctoPrint" dialog, and see if it says your API key is accepted? If not, could you try the "Request" button to get a new key?

Edited by ahoeben

Ok will look later thanks

I pressed connect and then Request whent went to web I pressed allow as below but back in cura it did not have API code and Error still occurred

image.thumb.png.a40df3787543235ef1157f26b2f7ce16.png

image.thumb.png.04ad6cdff250ad17eb0a5090c132d01c.png

I even added API that I copied within octoprint to cura same result!!

Ok solved refreshed API number in Octoprint Saved it then copied it back into CURA then disconnected and reconnected it then it appears to be working!!!

I looked in the log files when it was failing and although I had the correct IP address in the Box above ending 0.15 the log showed 0.15 I assume this must be from not updating the API correctly.  Although I dont understand how CURA could see the webcam but not connect to printer

Ill see how it goes - thanks for help

image.thumb.png.917636a97cba50605b477c68f32968cd.png

The 192.168.0.15 address is the address of the computer Cura is running on. 192.168.0.16 is the computer OctoPrint is running on.

The webcam is not part of OctoPrint; it is provided by a different software named mjpegstreamer with OctoPi. It has no access control.

Good to know you got it working again.

Hi,

I'm having the same issue.  I tried changing the api key in octoprint already and refreshed it in cura.  The same number always shows up and if i try to disconnect, it crashes cura.  

If I click on request, octoprint will pop up asking for permission but nothing happens. 

If you have “the same issue”, I need the answers to the same questions as above.

Problem solved.

1) uncheck the "automatically discover local octoprint instances" checkbox.  If you try to disconnect with the check box on cura will crash

2) disconnect

3) paste in the new api key

4) reconnect

5) restart cura

image.thumb.png.d7bd63eb8cbac12f4893b68604817a72.png

It would be great if you could share your Cura.log so I can have a look at that crash. It can be found through Help -> Show configuration folder. In the folder that opens, please locate cura.log, and post it somewhere I can download it (dropbox, wetransfer, one drive, etc)

Appoigize for a possible necro comment here but this is the first google result for the error and there is not fix that works for 4.6

I have found a gaurenteed workaround for anyone having this issue till it can be fixed.

(It might be a plugin bug)

Causal Event :

API Key from an older OctpPrint is stored in Cura Slicer and the old Key is gone in OctoPrint for whatever reason IE: New Install, or accidental deletion. This forces the user to create a NEW API key in OctoPrint and the user to update the key inside of  Cura.

Issue: New settings do not overwrite old settings in config.cfg

Current Workaround.

With Cura Closed Goto %appdata%\cura\<version>\config.cfg

Locate the Config Block that looks something like this.

[octoprint]
    keys_cache = eyJNeU9jdG9QcmludE5hbWUiOiAiQUJDREVGR0hJSktMTU5PUFFSU1RVVldYWVoxMjM0NTYifQ==
    manual_instances = {"Ender5OctoPrint": {"userName": "", "useHttps": false, "port": 5000, "address": "10.0.0.100", "path": "/", "password": ""}}

Fastest thing to do here is just delete that code block save the config file and start Cura. Then simply go to your printer settings and re-add your OctoPrint connection to the printer.

Option 2: In Have Cura connect to octoprint and ask for a new API key, copy that API key from OctoPrint and use a Base64 Decoder and decode the string. The one above

eyJNeU9jdG9QcmludE5hbWUiOiAiQUJDREVGR0hJSktMTU5PUFFSU1RVVldYWVoxMjM0NTYifQ==

Decodes To

{"MyOctoPrintName": "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ123456"}

Take your NEW API key and put it between the quotes and then Base64 Encode the string and replace the one in the config.

Save your config and restart Cura.

This is a known issue (see https://github.com/fieldOfView/Cura-OctoPrintPlugin/issues/168) that I will be fixing in the next release of the plugin. I still don't know why the key that the plugin uses becomes invalid between updates of Cura, but entering a new key has become less of a hassle. Please help me test this by installing the development snapshot. After downloading, drag it onto the Cura buildplate as if you were opening a 3d model.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ahoeben said:

This is a known issue (see https://github.com/fieldOfView/Cura-OctoPrintPlugin/issues/168) that I will be fixing in the next release of the plugin. I still don't know why the key that the plugin uses becomes invalid between updates of Cura, but entering a new key has become less of a hassle. Please help me test this by installing the development snapshot. After downloading, drag it onto the Cura buildplate as if you were opening a 3d model.

To answer your question dose this fix the issue. Yes (Kinda)

It only fixes the issue if you manually clear the old API Key, it will not replace the old one automatically when you click request.

So I guess a feature request would be to clear the Key TextBox before even sending a request to the API System.

Thank you for your work on the project, sorry I did not think to check GitHub I was very tired when I wrote this post.

• Thanks 1