Looking for large, used, decommissioned Ultimaker for prop

Posted (edited) · Looking for large, used, decommissioned Ultimaker for prop

I am looking for a large Ultimaker or any other cool looking 3D printer or Sci Fi looking units to use as props for a show that I am decorating.  It does not need to work.  It just needs to look cool:)   Here is my email address: sandybeaches23@hotmail.com

Edited by sandybeaches

Posted · Looking for large, used, decommissioned Ultimaker for prop

What country and area within that country do you live.  Maybe someone would loan you one.  Maybe a reseller.  As a moderator I know what country you are in but don't want to out you if you value your privacy.  But I happen to know some people in your country who used to be in the movie business and who might let you rent one very cheaply.

It is good to know these people;) . ....and thanks for the lead!   I will need to buy it though, for a long running series.  I need futuristic looking pieces--preferably that take up a large foot print.  The new ulitmaker machines are too expensive for what we need it for.  I am in Vancouver, Canada.  If there is a large amazing looking piece it might be worth it for us to ship.  Thanks again gr5:) Any help is greatly appreciated. 

I sent a message to someone who has dozens of UM printers in Vancouver but these machines last forever so it's hard to find a broken one or cheap one.  I'd try facebook marketplace or ebay.

He got back to me (Jacky).  He already knows you.  lol.  I think he's the one who suggested you post here, lol.

Okay so I have nothing.  Maybe someone else has a used printer for sale.

I'd look around on ebay, facebook marketplace, criagslist, etc.

Have you considered buying a replacement Shell from UM or EB and gluing it together?

a quick search I see the Um2 and UM2 clone shells for under 200 bucks including shipping.