exorcist took over my printer.. weird leaking and printing in air

Posted · exorcist took over my printer.. weird leaking and printing in air

Was checking my 2nd print of the day and after starting properly, it was now printing in the air couple of inches above the heatbed.  Nothing was coming out of the nozzle and there was residue or leakage all over the extruder.  (see attached pictures)

I was printing on a tevo black widow printer with stock extruder

sainsmart flex material on a 1mm nozzle.

220 nozzle temp, 60 bed temp

Look at all the residue/leaking/I have no idea what that is.... 

1576639686_nozzleleak1.thumb.jpg.103b8b47424e0856bcd1fee50050a236.jpg

nozzle leak.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · exorcist took over my printer.. weird leaking and printing in air

I don't know your printer, so just guessing...

Maybe a blocked nozzle, and then the filament cooked, burned, and spilled all over, due to sitting too long in the hot nozzle? Or something along that line, where the filament got stuck?

Some materials burn away rather cleanly or leave black coal dust (like the PLA that I have), but some burn into a sort of glossy varnish that is hard to remove (like the PET that I have).

Posted (edited) · exorcist took over my printer.. weird leaking and printing in air

I had the exact same thing happen to my select mini v2.

At the ends of the pipe that the filament goes though there are 2 couplings. On mine one of these broke and therefore created a block in the heatsink. Try to lock and then pull the pipe out, if it comes out easily

it's probably broken (duct tape can be a quick fix). There may also be a clog in the print head somewhere.

Not sure if your printer works the same but that's how I fixed mine

Edited by msmith0426