Connecting Cura 4.4.1 with Octoprint

lela

Posted · Connecting Cura 4.4.1 with Octoprint

Hello.
Is it possible to get help connecting Cura 4.4.1 with Octoprint.
In the marketplace, it says that octoprint is installed.
But I can't get the field where the API key needs to be entered.
I can't delete or update Octoprint in the marketplace.
Is anyone here to help with this?
Thanks in advance
Leif.

40 minutes ago, ahoeben said:

Connect to OctoPrint

It is a CR-10S Pro and windows 10
    and I don't have the Connect to OctoPrint button.
    Thank you in advance for your help
    and Merry Christmas.

Hi @ahoeben, I noticed with my latest Cura builds that the OctoPrint plugin didn't load because the netifaces module wasn't getting included in the cx_freeze. I had to explicitly add it to the list of modules to include. Maybe relevant?

@Lela, how did you add your printer to Cura? Are you sure you didn’t add it as an *Ultimaker* S5 instead of a Creality machine? The Ultimaker S5 is not compatible with OctoPrint so the button is not shown.

If you added it as a creality machine, then please post a link to your Cura.log. It can be found via Help -> Show configuration folder.

Yes I am sure I have chosen "Creality CR-10S Pro".
    I have attached the cura.log file, but it looks very complicated to me 🙂

cura.log

The plugin is not loading because you have installed a version that has not yet been thoroughly tested in the program files bundle. Please remove that, and also check if there are any OctoPrintPlugin folders in your Configuration Folder (Help -> Show configuration folder -> plugins). Then please reinstall the plugin from the Marketplace.

When I installed Cura 4.4.1 I chose to uninstall Cura 4.0. But it did not uninstall the configuration directory, it helped when I did it manually and reinstalled Cure 4.4.1 again.
    Many thanks for the help. 🙂

@lela, so you got it working again?

@burtoogle, are you installing the plugin through the Marketplace, or including the latest version from git? I can see how using the git version could have that netifaces issue (thanks for pointing that out), but not the version on the Marketplace.

Yes, it works now  🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ahoeben said:

@burtoogle, are you installing the plugin through the Marketplace, or including the latest version from git? I can see how using the git version could have that netifaces issue (thanks for pointing that out), but not the version on the Marketplace.

Merry Christmas Aldo. I saw that problem using my master branches for Cura/Uranium, cura-build-environment and cura-build. The plugin was the version that the marketplace installs.

• Like 1

Merry Christmas to you too. Why are we on our computers?

cura version 4.6 have a Octoprint plugin. You can get it from the marketplace,

I had a problem that cura would not keep the Apikey needed until i added the printer again.

Best regards Jørn Johanesson