Material run out error..

BiMNrd

Posted (edited) · Material run out error..

I have been getting the error below the past few days. Doesn't tell me which material run out (because neither material has run out)..

I am not sure how to trouble shoot this or what could be causing this.  Its seem to be on the PVA since every time I "reload" it after the error I am able to continue printing.

Any ideas?

Funny thing is that it doesn't tell me which one run out..

Thank you 

image.thumb.png.3c5e5ddea963bea5dabb73c2df34688a.png

Edited by BiMNrd

Posted · Material run out error..

You can see which material caused the problem by looking at the print head and check which nozzle is active (lower than the other one). But I am 99% sure it is the 2nd core with PVA, because when this error occurs it is always PVA.

What can you do to avoid the error:

• Check and clean your feeder, maybe there is some residue inside.
    • Is your PVA dry? Double check that, when PVA has absorbed some moisture, it gets soft and sometimes too soft for the filament sensor.
    • Turn off the filament sensor temporarily. Sometimes nothing helps, so turn it off for this print and reenable it later again.

You can find the turn off option in the printer menu, but I cannot say where exactly.

When you say it pops here and there, then you should dry it. It is for sure not too wet that you cannot print with it, otherwise it would pop and sizzle all the time, but I guess it has already absorbed some moisture. But it could be that it is enough for the sensor to recognize the movement.

The S5 filament sensor is not just a filament run out sensor, it also detects if the filament is actually moving, so the sensor also recognizes if your nozzle is clogged for example. It is not a mechanical switch, it is an optical sensor and sometimes with transparent filament it could cause false alerts.

But add a reminder somewhere to turn the sensor on again.

I had the situation in the past, that I also had to turn off the sensor because of such false alerts and then I forgot to enable it again. Then during a longer print the filament ran out and the printer was printing in the air, because the sensor was still disabled. 

• Like 1

Found it, it is under settings as a toggle. Thank you, let me try that.

I am going to put my PVA in the printdry box for a bit and then back into the polybox.

5 minutes ago, BiMNrd said:

I am going to put my PVA in the printdry box for a bit and then back into the polybox.

You already have all the tools I usually recommend, so nothing can go wrong. 😀👍

so you would think.. lol.

thanks for the help.

You are welcome!

Don't be surprised, I reworded my sentence above, as I was not sure if it could be ambiguous. I am not a native English speaker and "The man is well equipped..." has also some other meanings here in Austria 🤣, maybe not in English but just in case.

• Like 1

HAHAHA, I understood what you meant the first time. but that is funny now that you mention it.