Top layer won't connect

Jeffcol

Posted · Top layer won't connect

Hello I'm very new to printing, I've gotten a lot of advice like printing thin walls and fill all gaps but nothing's working. Its printed at 200° nozzle and 60° bed. Please help!

20200108_150634.jpg

20200107_184836.jpg

You have at least 2 issues.  One is that you are underextruding a bit.  There might be something that needs replacing on the printer.  What kind of printer is this?

The other problem is that I can see your issue is worse in one axis more than the other (can't tell which though).  This indicates you have some play.  What kind of printer is this?

For example if this is an Ultimaker printer check that the belts are the same tightness on X and Y axis - especially the short belts from the stepper.  Pluck the belts with the head in a corner and make sure the pitch is about the same.  Also push the head around and make sure one axis doesn't have much more friction than the other.

What kind of printer is this?

I ask 3 times because your issues are your printer and I have different advice depending upon the printer.  I guess regardless of the printer you should get less underextrusion if you print at 1/3 speed (most printers (all printers?) including all Ultimaker printers let you adjust this live in a "TUNE" menu)

• Like 1

Is that one of those printers where the Y axis moves the entire table?  That axis might have some play.  either axis might.  Push the nozzle a bit and the table a bit with power off and nothing should move unless the stepper also rotates.

Sometimes you can hold the stepper with one hand and push on the bed a bit to see how much play there is.  You seem to have about .5mm - not a lot but enough to feel it.

Also you are underextruding.  Pretty sure.