Cura profiles wrong in preferences. And is there a better way to compare?

ScottyDoesKnow

Posted · Cura profiles wrong in preferences. And is there a better way to compare?

As you can see in the attached image, the summary in preferences says that the support pattern is triangles while it is actually zig zag. There's no star in the profile name so you can see it's not modified. I also noticed earlier under the 0.2mm profile that it said 0.1mm initial layer height at some point, but later displayed the correct 0.3mm (with no changes being made). I know I didn't just see it wrong because I was taking screenshots to compare the different profiles.

I'm trying to diagnose stringing issues that I have with my 0.1 and 0.05 profiles but not with my 0.2 profile. Is there any way to easily delta the different profiles and see where they're different? I tried exports first, but they're not all text. So then I stitched together screenshots for each and found one difference, but didn't realize until the end that they aren't displayed correctly.

cura issue.png

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · Cura profiles wrong in preferences. And is there a better way to compare?

Have you changed filament or printer?

There is a stack profile and might be this value for other filament of printer\extruder.

I have the same trouble. I thought settings changed by chance and by itself. I don't notice when it occurs. It very annoy me.

• 4 weeks later...

Take a look at my post to get after each slicing all the values used for the settings.

https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/23303-your-current-settings-in-a-text-file-here-it-is/

After including the text generated by my script, do a slicing for each of your profiles ans save the values used.

You can easily check the difference between them

Anyway, following your picture, I see that there are a lot of modifiction from the custom printer.

To simplify the management you'd better create a new myPrinters.def.json file with all all the more used specifics overriding the custom def.json file and create your printer not from the custom printer, but from your new 'myPrinters' printer