mcrompton

Export file formats

Posted · Export file formats

I am hoping to use Cura with my students to facilitate file prep for multiple FDM/FFF printers including a Makerbot Rep2, a Raise N2 Plus and our newest printer, a Cubicon Style Plus.  My problem is with the printer profile for the Cubicon in Cura.  While there is a profile and the settings seem to be good, I can't export the file to the hvs format that the printer requires.  I've tried loading the g-code file (which the printer doesn't see) and changing the file extension of the gcode file to .hvs (which the printer also doesn't see).  Has anyone solved this problem?  If so how?  Ideally, since inexperienced students will be using this printer, I would like a solution that is built into the printer profile so they can simply export the file directly from Cura (as opposed to modifying post-export).

Thank you in advance for any help.

Interesting, wasn't aware of this format. We don't have one of these printers to test so it's difficult to support this printer, especially if they decided to use a proprietary file format.

If the profile contributor wants to add support to Cura for their profile, then you can get in contact with them for this.

It was contributed by this person it seems: https://github.com/HUNIBEST-HyVISION

Just a hunch for a workaround: what happens if you zip the output gcode and change the zip extension to .hvs?

Our .ufp format works in a similar way. It could be that there's some extra printer-specific metadata in their format.

Hope this helps

Perhaps if you post a link to a working .hvs file, we can have a look if writing to or converting to that format can be easily supported.

• Like 1

Thanks, Maht and ahoeben for your replies!  I’m out of town and away from my working computer at the moment.  WHen I get home, I’ll generate a working .hvs and post it here.

Thanks again,

Marc

I raised this in our development standup and it's unlikely we're going to support it on our roadmap, but contributions are always welcome. I'd suggest opening an issue on our github.