Dual Nozzle Printing issues

Mubha_Rocking

Posted · Dual Nozzle Printing issues

Hi 3DP folks, I'm a 3DP lover and likes cura soo much.

For dual extruder case, i need some suggestions regarding.

"Whenever nozzle switching happens, The tool head is coming to the bed center where part is located, passing through the print and then going to the prime tower, this time gap is creating to ooze more in ideal time, i have used first layer temp, default printing temp, nozzle switch temp and standby temp all equal and as low as 190 degree.

My question is..,

1) How to bring the hot end directly to prime tower with out passing through the Printing part?"

2) Is there any G code over ride or expression variable to enable start G code to go to prime tower directly. I have tried in Start G code extruder 1 with G01 X200 Y200(same location of prime tower) but still again nozzle behavior is same like passing through the print then going to prime tower address and coming back with ooze.

3) Finally i tried with Ooze shield, one thing noticed is whenever nozzle switch is there, the nozzle directly comes into part, without printing ooze shield which i think is not correct, if the path is along ooze shield and then it is coming into path then only ooze can be controlled.

Request not to suggest with both Ooze shield and prime tower which will take more time, also i tried with nozzle wiping using brass brush making a parking location, even it hasn't worked out.

Please have a look into it to resolve, will be eagerly waiting for your reply.

What printer do you have, and how did you add it to Cura? Did you use the "Custom FFF Printer" option, or a predefined printer?

Can you save a project (File -> Save As...), upload it somewhere and post a link here so that we can see what settings you use?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ahoeben, i'm working on my custom DIY IDEX, 

Trying really hard to get the output prints in Dual mode, duplication mode so far,

but bit struggling with mirror mode, i'm using Cura 4.3 & Marlin 1.1.

My printer is of bowden type open fff 3D Printer, more or less like hictop & formbot.

Can someone help with G codes scripts or Profiles please..!!