esopalumpa

100% infill does not fill on second extruder

Posted · 100% infill does not fill on second extruder

Hi,

I have the problem, that in one model, printed with the second extruder, the void in the cylinder can not be filled. As you can see in the attached screenshot, infill is set to 100% but the cylinder is not filled.

1757223976_Bildschirmfotovon2020-02-2409-50-57.png.thumb.png.7c00a210803469f67eac3025593274c4.png

UM3_Cura-bug.3mf

Which version are you using?

Posted (edited) · 100% infill does not fill on second extruder

Hello,

I found a problem in my settings – sorry. With 100% infill it does fill.

But with 99% or below there is no infill at all.

I’m using 4.4.1 on Linux.

Edited by esopalumpa
typo

8 hours ago, esopalumpa said:

with the second extruder, the void in the cylinder can not be filled. As you can see in the attached screenshot, infill is set to 100% but the cylinder is not filled.

Well, your screenshot shows the settings for the first extruder, not the second.

Can it be that simple?

Posted (edited) · 100% infill does not fill on second extruder
15 hours ago, tinkergnome said:

Can it be that simple?

Yes, that was the 100% problem.

But the 1 % – 99 % problem remains. Cura does not generate infill between the inner and outer wall of the cylinder.

Edited by esopalumpa

100% infill is a special case. Cura will not generate infill at all in this case, but generates "bottom layers" all the way to the top of the model. That's why it looks different at 100%

Perhaps the area is too small for the normal infill? I would expect a "gap fill" there instead (if it is activated - i think it is a "shell" setting)?

In additiion: does Cura has settings like "minimal infill line length" or "minimal infill area"?

I'm not sure - i would make all infill settings visible and take a look at the tooltips.