denhama

Cura importing round PNG image

Posted · Cura importing round PNG image

Apologises a bit of a newb here,  I have a simple round image I created in gimp and exported as a PNG but when I import into Cura I get a square image.  

Is there something special I need to do?

Set the base thickness to zero.  I guess you are making a lithopane?

I've attached a simple image of what I'm trying todo, round image with text. I would like to have a round base (around 2mm thick) with either embossed or debossed text around 1mm in height

Something_Special_Round.png

Hi @denhama,

Cura 4.5 includes support for alpha channels in PNG images which could be a solution to your problem. You can download it here.

A stable release is scheduled for tomorrow.

Support for alpha channels in ImageReader. Added support for images with transparency, such as PNGs. When using an image with transparency, the contours of the transparent layer will be followed. Contributed by BagelOrb.

Alternatively you can use an older version of cura and put a gray circle under that circle of dots.  A solid gray background but not rectangular - circular.  And set the base thickness to zero.