Wideopentuning

Details on bottom of model disappear if model is multiplied

Posted · Details on bottom of model disappear if model is multiplied

I'm running into a very strange issue when I slice multiples of a model.   I have a model with recessed text in the bottom that touches the build plate.

If I only load a single model, slice and then preview, I can see the recessed text and the print path.  If I load the model a second time or use the "multiple selected model" to make a duplicate or multiple, slice again and then watch the preview, the recessed text on the bottom will be gone.   Does anyone have any ideas?   Any help is appreciated.

The file is attached.

Yoda Hashtag Repaired.stl

It looks like you haven't subtracted the text holes from the body?

Screenshot_2020-03-01_08-53-13.thumb.png.b2a58c3a192efb8263d85e45b52ac27d.png

Screenshot_2020-03-01_08-52-42.thumb.png.17c5e954105fb3ef2aa0c3ec8ac23209.png

10 hours ago, Wideopentuning said:

I have.  They print clearly when its just a single model.   

Baby Yoda Hash V4 v1.stl 18.08 MB · 0 downloads

No, you didn't. The model has a number of mistakes in it. In some cases Cura can fix these, in some cases, it can't.

On 3/2/2020 at 12:51 AM, nallath said:

No, you didn't. The model has a number of mistakes in it. In some cases Cura can fix these, in some cases, it can't.

I don't think I understand the original question then.    I did extrude the text from the model in Fusion 360 and when I print a single in Cura, I get results like the picture above.  If I duplicate the model, the text is gone after I slice it and then preview and/or print.   I loaded another version of the model that hasn't been ran through a repair tool.

I appreciate the responses.

Baby Yoda Hash V4 v1.stl

On 3/7/2020 at 8:46 PM, Wideopentuning said:

I don't think I understand the original question then.    I did extrude the text from the model in Fusion 360 and when I print a single in Cura, I get results like the picture above.  If I duplicate the model, the text is gone after I slice it and then preview and/or print.   I loaded another version of the model that hasn't been ran through a repair tool.

I appreciate the responses.

Baby Yoda Hash V4 v1.stl 18.08 MB · 1 download

I can see that there are some areas, but there are also faces where there should be none. That causes the issues.