lars86

UMO Official Heated Bed: Power Draw?

Posted · UMO Official Heated Bed: Power Draw?

Hi guys, 

Does anyone know the current draw from the Ultimaker Original Officiale Heated Bed?

I'm trying to tally up all my power consumption for power supply evaluation.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, neotko said:

Maybe that info is on the electronics of the bed github

https://github.com/Ultimaker/HeatedBedUpgrade/tree/master/1155_Print_Table_Heated_Bed_(x1)

Good thought. I have been all through there and haven't found that data unfortunately.

The only clue I have is that the included 220w power supply has been running my whole printer up to this point, but they mention that is you have dual extrusion you will need an additional power supply. It must be pretty close to maxed out.

10 hours ago, lars86 said:

Good thought. I have been all through there and haven't found that data unfortunately.

The only clue I have is that the included 220w power supply has been running my whole printer up to this point, but they mention that is you have dual extrusion you will need an additional power supply. It must be pretty close to maxed out.

um3 and mark2 can work with 25W heaters and the bed, but with very wise heating timing to avoid using too much at the same time. So... dunno XD I bet someone does, electronics isn’t my forte at all XD

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner: 

Power = V^2 / R

So I just need to measure the heater resistance tonight and I should be in business.

• Like 1

Bed heater resistance is 3.3 ohms

That puts power at 24V @ 175w

• Thanks 1